Here are dates and repertoire for our 2019-2020 Chamber Orchestra Ogden season titled “Exploring The World Through Music”
September 21, 2019 – Music from the Czech Republic, China, and Russia
- Smetana – Three Dances from “The Bartered Bride”
- He/Chen – The Butterfly Lover’s Concerto, featuring Shi-Hwa Wang, Professor of Violin at WSU
- Rimsky-Korsakov – Capriccio Espagnol, Opus 34
November 2, 2019 – Kruger Brothers Concert. Music from Switzerland by way of North Carolina.
Jens Kruger – Crossroads Ogden. A musical celebration of Ogden and the railroad, in cooperation with Ogden Friends of Acoustic Music and Imagine Ballet Theatre. You may have heard our collaboration at Ogden High School in 2012. This is a new composition, and we know you will like it.
February 8, 2020 – Spanish music from France, music from Germany, the United States, and a swing around back to Russia.
- Brahms – Academic Festival Overture, Opus 80
- Weber – Clarinet Concerto No. 1 in f minor, first movement, featuring orchestra clarinetist Shawn Berry
- Beeson – Prometheus Rapture for Snare Drum and Orchestra, featuring orchestra percussionist Matthew Kinney
- Stravinsky – Suite No. 2 for Small Orchestra
- Bizet – Carmen Suite No. 1
March 28, 2020 – Music from the United States, England, and once again either the Czech Republic or the United States.
- Copland – Fanfare for the Common Man
- Coleridge-Taylor – The Bamboula, Rhapsodic Dance
- Dvorak – Symphony No. 8 in G, Opus 88
- Hanson – Symphony No. 2, Opus 30 “Romantic”
All performances are at Peery’s Egyptian Theater at 7:30 p.m.